“April 2013 is VIVA ITALIA at Breezes SuperClubs Cuba”
- Contest begins at 5:30 p.m. EST on September 5th, 2012 for submitting entries, and ends at 8:59 p.m. EST on September 30th, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Contest is open to any individual over the age of majority, within the province in which they reside, and a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec).
- To enter the “April 2013 is VIVA ITALIA at Breezes SuperClubs Cuba” contest, simply visit anyone or more of the *designated events between September 5th, 2012 and September 30th, 2012 and fill out the necessary entry form and answer a skill testing question. No purchase necessary. All entries must include your name, address, city, province, postal code, telephone number and e-mail address. Limit one entry per designated event, per person. A second entry will be permitted in accordance with section 3, below. Illegible entries are ineligible.
- A cutout of the Breezes SuperClubs logo can also be brought to a ballot entry (designated event) location to receive an extra ballot. All valid entries received will be entered into the contest to win the prize specified below. Designated Festitalia events and ballot box locations and designated times are:
- Convivio @ FIAT, Wednesday, September 5, 2012, Johnston FIAT, 1350 Upper James Street, Hamilton, ON, 6:00 p.m.
- Donnici Club Dinner, Friday, September 7, 2012, 765 King Street East, Hamilton, 6:30 p.m.
- “La Notte e Giovene” – Young Italians and Friends Night, Thursday, September 13, 2012, Carmen’s C-Hotel, Rooftop Lounge, 1530 Stone Church Road E, Hamilton,7:00 p.m.
- Federazione Abruzzese Dinner, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, Carmen’s Banquet & Convention Centre, 1520 Stone Church Road East, Hamilton, 6:30 p.m.
- All Good Things Italian for Kids Event, Saturday, September 22, 2012, Sons of Italy Hall, 499 King Street East, Hamilton, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Order of the Sons of Italy Dinner, Wednesday, September 26, 201, Sons of Italy Hall, 499 King Street East, Hamilton, 6:30 p.m.
- Tracing Your Italian Roots, Saturday, September 29, 2012, Fratellanza Racalmutese Hall, 72 Murray Street West, Hamilton, 10 to 11:30 am.
- Associazione Culturale Sociale Pugliese Dinner, Sunday, September 30 2012, The Grand Olympia Hospitality & Convention Centre, 660 Barton Street East, Stoney Creek, 6:00 p.m.
- There will be one (1) Grand Prize to be won, consisting of a (7) nights, all inclusive accommodation for two (2) adults staying at a Breezes SuperClubs Hotel, including roundtrip Economy class airfare to Varadero, Cuba aboard an airline determined by Festitalia Corporation. Travel must commence and be completed within the month of April, 2013. Travel companion must travel for the same duration as the winner. It is the winner’s sole responsibility along with his/her travelling companion, for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, ground transportation, in-flight meals, beverages and entertainment, optional seat selection fees, additional checked luggage fees, in-flight entertainment costs, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Flight dates and hotel accommodation are subject to space availability and subject to change without notice or compensation. Reservation requests must be made a minimum of 120 days prior to travel. It is the winner’s responsibility and their travelling companion for all cost incurred to and from the departure point as the prize originates and terminates there. It is also the winner’s responsibility and their travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas if applicable and to comply with any customs immigration or country of destination requirements. It is recommended that the winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure and meet the minimum insurance coverage requirements of the destination country. The Prize has an approximate retail value of $3,000.00 Actual value of the Grand Prize will depend on the pricing schedule at the time of booking. Winner and/or Guest are not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any.
- Prize winner waives all recourse against Contest Sponsors if services offered do not prove to be entirely satisfactory.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to substitute the destination, or hotel, for a prize of equal or comparable value if the grand prize as described cannot be awarded for any reason.
- There will be one (1) random draw to be made, at the Pugliese Regional Dinner to be held at The Grand Olympia Banquet and Convention Centre, 660 Barton Street East, Stoney Creek, Ontario on September 30, 2012 at approximately 9:00 p.m. EST. The random draw will take place from all eligible ballot entries received during the Contest Period. The first (1) entry drawn will be eligible to win the prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS: Sponsors and their affiliated companies, are not responsible for any failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections. Sponsors and their affiliated companies are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information which may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including data entered by contestants. Sponsors and their affiliated companies reserve the right to discontinue the Contest at any time, in which event, only entries received prior that date will be considered. Telephone will be the primary means of contact between Festitalia and the winner of the Grand Prize. Email will be the secondary means. All entrants are responsible for providing accurate contact information on their ballot.
- NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZE: The Contest Sponsors will attempt to contact the potential winner by telephone within five (5) business days after the draw. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. Before being awarded the prize, the potential winner will be required to sign a declaration and release form stating that he/she has read, understood and complied with these official contest rules, grants all consents required as contemplated in these Contest Rules, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph likeness and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for federal news, entertainment and information purposes at no compensation to the potential winner, accepts the prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this contest and receipt and use of the prize. In the event that the potential winner is not eligible, cannot be contacted by the Contest Sponsors within five (5) business days following the draw, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the release within the specified time, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify that potential winner and to draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this.
10.The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
11.Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution. Prize is not transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be sold, exchanged or bartered. Request for refund will not be entertained.
12.Any dispute or claim relating to organization or conduct of this promotional contest by a resident of the Province of Quebec may be addressed to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec. A dispute relating to the attribution of the prize may also be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec who will limit its intervention to facilitating settlement between the parties.
13.Contest Sponsors and the contest judging organization are not responsible for theft, loss of any form or any human or computer-generated error in the awarding of the prize, nor for the loss or misplacing of any ballots.
14.The information that contestants provide in connection with the Contest may be used for Sponsors' internal purposes and to send contestants information such as Sponsor newsletters and other information about Sponsors, but will not be provided to third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Contest or as required by law or legal process. If you would like your name removed from Sponsors' mailing list or if you do not wish to receive Sponsors' newsletter, notify the appropriate Sponsor either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the website.
15.Entries and other submitted material become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors and those working for Sponsors or on the behalf of Sponsors, will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail or email and for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions and delays.
16.Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify or cancel all or any portions of the Contest because of technical errors or malfunctions, viruses, hackers, or for other reasons that corrupt the Contest in any manner. Sponsors also reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these Official Rules, who attempts to enter the Contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, or who attempts to disrupt the Contest or to circumvent any of these Official Rules.
17.Officers, directors, representatives, and employees of Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective advertising, promotion, publicity, production, and judging agencies, and those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. All federal, provincial and local taxes are each winner's sole responsibility. The prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions, transfers, or cash alternatives permitted except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsors' discretion. By entering, each winner accepts all of the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and/or regulations required by Sponsors and also agrees to accept delivery of prize. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, picture, likeness, address (city and province), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes for Sponsors and for this and/or similar promotions, without compensation.
18.No purchase necessary. Anyone can send the required ballot information (legal name, telephone number, personal residence address, email address) to (FESTITALIA CORPORATION, P.O. Box 68057, Blakely Postal Outlet, Hamilton, Ontario, L8M 3M7 for a valid entry into the content. Mail-in entries must be received by Festitalia no later than the close of business day, Friday, September 28th, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Upon receipt of a mail-in entry, entrant information will be entered onto an official ballot for entry into the draw. Sponsors and partners in the Contest reserve the right to change the rules and regulations at any time without notice.
19.The Sponsors of the Contest are Breezes SuperClubs Resorts, Evanov Radio Group and Festitalia Corporation Hamilton.
20.Declaration, Acknowledgment and Acceptance of All Terms and Conditions:
In consideration of the awarding of the Prize to me following Verification, I hereby:
a) accept the Prize and acknowledge that the Prize is as described in the Rules and Regulations;
b) fully discharge and release Contest Sponsors and Festitalia Corporation, their respective affiliates, franchisees and advertising and promotional agencies; their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents; and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, payments, actions, or causes of action whatsoever for damages, loss or injury, howsoever arising as a result of my participating in the Contest and accepting the Prize which I or my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns may now or hereafter have against them or any of them;
c) consent to the use of my name, address, comments and any photograph and/or any video image taken of me and/or the Prize by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsors and/or Festitalia and/or its/their affiliates and/or their advertising and promotional agencies without compensation or other liability to me or my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns; and
d) I declare that:
i) I have complied with, and will comply with all the Rules and Regulations of the Contest, and have answered the skill-testing question in the manner prescribed;
ii) I am an individual resident of the province indicated above and neither I nor any person with whom I reside is employed by Festitalia Corporation, the judges and persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled;
iii) I am of the legal age of majority according to the laws of the province in which I reside; and
iv) the terms of the Rules and Regulations of the Contest and of this Release Form shall apply to and be binding on me and my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns.